CONISHEAD PRIORY - List Entry

  • Description

    "Country house, now Buddhist monastery, on site of Augustinian Priory. 1821-36, extended 1853. To design by Philip Wyatt and completed by George Webster. For Colonel Braddyll. Rendered brick, limestone, and sandstone, with slate roofs. Built on a vast scale in a hybrid Gothic style with an irregular plan, with many pointed arches and traceried windows, pierced battlemented parapets, steep gables, and panelled octagonal chimneys...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1270176
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month ago
    Viewed: 22 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES