CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS - Witton Gilbert - List Entry

  • Description

    "Chapel dependant on St. Oswald's, Durham until it became parish church in 1423. C12; 1859-60 north nave wall and chancel by T. Austin. Coursed squared sandstone with plinth and ashlar dressings; roof of Welsh slate with stone gable copings. Nave with north aisle and west porch; chancel with north vestry. Gabled porch has double boarded doors in 2-centred-arched surround under dripmould; stone cross finial; small round-headed windows in returns. C12 inner doorway...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1323240
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 days, 18 hours ago
    Viewed: 13 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES