Tyne and Wear HER(1948): Wallsend, St. Peter's Road, Burn Closes Bridge

  • Description

    "A reinforced concrete bridge of c.1913 spanning Willington Dene. Five trestles and curved abutments support the road deck. The only early ferro-concrete bridge in Tyne & Wear. Was LISTED GRADE 2. Demolished in 2008 and replaced with a new bridge in 2009. Delisted in 2015...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://twsitelines.info/SMR/1948
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 109 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES