S.S. Remains of the Main Winding House

  • Description

    Partially demolished in 1939, 15 years after the mine had closed. At this time it seems all of the bricks were recycled, the rest of the building and the miners cottages were blown up by the Home Guard in 1942 with explosives and motars.
  • Owner

    Scumbag*College
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/51368278@N08/29247267907/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 294 times
    Picture Taken: 2018-08-18T15:23:46
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES