Description"This war memorial stands to the left of the Wheatsheaf Inn at the corner of Murton Lane. It was erected by "The inhabitants of the district in memory of the brave men who fell in the war (1914-1919)". This war memorial was designed by W H Endean, and unveiled in March 1921 by Alderman Mason of Whitley Bay. It is a Grade II Listed building. For a selection of detailed free to download walking routes in the area visit www.northtynesidewalks.co.uk" Photo by Geoff Holland, 2020.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6460423
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 months ago
Viewed: 19 times
Picture Taken: 2020-05-01