Description"This plaque is attached to a bridge in Church Road, Greystoke. The plaque reads: 'This bridge erected by Charles 11th Duke of Norfolk and the parishioners in 1796. Was rebuilt and widened by the parishioners of Greystoke in 1920 in memory of all those who from this parish served in the Great War 1914 1918'. The plaque was photographed for Geograph by William England in April 2009 (see http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1240137). Its condition has clearly deteriorated somewhat since then. Wider view of the bridge: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6279704." Photo by Richard Dorrell, 2019.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6279699
Resource type: Image
Added by: Edmund Anon
Last modified: 1 year, 8 months ago
Viewed: 133 times
Picture Taken: 2019-09-25