Kirklinton Middle

  • Description

    "Township in Kirklinton parish, Eskdale ward, Cumberland....part of barony of Levington, given in early 12th century to Richard Boyvill, whose posterity took name de Levington. After death of Levington heiress, Helewise (d. 1272), wife of Eustace de Balliol, manor passed to six co-heiresses, eventually descending to Musgraves of Hayton, who sold it to Edmund Appleby in 1661; he built core of Kirklinton Hall...."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/kirklinton-middle
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 281 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES