CHURCH OF ST KENTIGERN - Grinsdale - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. On medieval site, present church mentioned in 1703, restorations of 1740 and 1896. Cement render on chamfered plinth, graduated greenslate roof with coped gables, kneelers and cross finial. Small square 2-storey west tower, 3-bay nave, single-bay chancel. Tower has ground-floor slit vents, bell chamber has louvred vents in segmental red sandstone arch. Battlemented parapet...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1087482
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month ago
    Viewed: 21 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES