Marquess of Londonderry's Statue

  • Description

    ... at Durham Market Place. The statue is of Charles William Vane Tempest Stewart, the 3rd Marquess of Londonderry. He owned many coal mines in the county and was also a soldier during the French Revolutionary Wars (1792-1802). His statue was placed here in 1861. Visible in the backgound is the steeple of St Nicholas' Church, the civic church of the city. Durham; July 2005
  • Owner

    █ Slices of Light █▀ ▀ ▀
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/95282411@N00/50218206648/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 1 year, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 125 times
    Picture Taken: 2005-07-03T11:58:17
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES