DescriptionThe war memorial in Bedlington was unveiled on the 20th January 1923 by Major E.W. Burden of Hartford House. The memorial commemorates 180 local servicemen who lost their lives in the First World War. It was designed and sculpted by R Oliver, and funded partly by public subscription, and partly by the Bedlington Soldier's and Sailor's fund and Bedlingtonshire Urban District Council. Later the memorial was further dedicated to 45 local men who were killed in the Second World War, in a service attended by General Sir E Riddle, Vice President of the British Legion, on the 9th of November 1947. The memorial is Grade II listed.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Public Domain Dedication (CC0)
Further informationLink: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137828720@N06/50120663246/
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Viewed: 4 times
Picture Taken: 2020-07-16T20:19:18