CHURCH OF ST JAMES - Burton-in-Kendal - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish Church. Base of Tower and North-West angle of Nave C12, North aisle possibly C13, North Chapel late C13, South Arcade to Nave and South Aisle C14, North Arcade, North Aisle and South Chapel late C15 or early C16. Restored, Chancel and North Chapel rebuilt and clerestory added in 1844; further restoration and South Arcade to Chancel rebuilt in 1872. Limestone rubble with limestone and sandstone dressings, slate roofs. West Tower, Nave with aisles, Chancel, North and South Chapels. 3-stage Tower has later embattled parapets, C14 West window..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1335703
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 92 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES