Tyne and Wear HER(9872): Ouseburn, New Glasshouse Bridge

  • Description

    "....The 6-arch brick road bridge was built in 1878 and provided easier access to the industrial sites along the river bank. The name is derived from the former Glass Houses that stood on the eastern side of the Ouseburn Valley. Originally the bridge was known as New Glasshouse Bridge to differentiate it from the older Lower Glasshouse Bridge, which was demolished in 1908...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/9872
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 360 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES