Neasham Reading Room

  • Description

    "Welcome to the village hall serving the residents of Neasham and surrounds near Darlington....The Reading Room was built in 1902 by Sir Thomas Wrightson, owner of Neasham Hall on Sockburn Lane as a meeting room for his estate workers and newspapers were provided for reading....The Wrightson family generously donated the Reading Rooms to the village in 1955 to be run by a committee, and it has been run as a village hall up to the present day...."
  • Owner

    Neasham Reading Room
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.neashamreadingroom.org.uk/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Splat
    Last modified: 3 months ago
    Viewed: 37 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES