Description"Once the site of the Benedictine priory of St. Mary which consisted of eight nuns. It was confirmed by Pope Adrian IV in a papal bill of 1156. Until recently the village has suffered from severe flooding when the River Tees burst its banks, however recent flood prevention work has reduced the risk." Photo by Mick Garratt, 2006.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/115117
Resource type: Image
Added by: Splat
Last modified: 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewed: 50 times
Picture Taken: 2006-01-29