Wreay Parish

Related Pages


Wreay, 1848


Wreay

  • Description

    "Chapelry and township in St Mary’s parish (Carlisle), Cumberland ward, Cumberland. Absorbed into St Cuthbert Without CP 1934....manorial rights held by Carlisle Priory, passing to Dean and Chapter of Carlisle at Reformation. Losh family of Woodside, Brisco, held much of land in chapelry from later 18th century until 1904. Economy: predominantly agricultural; tile works (to west of Ravenside) mid-19th century. Places of worship: chapel of ease recorded 1319...."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/wreay
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 306 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES