Renwick Parish

  • Description

    "Ancient parish in Leath ward, Cumberland. Absorbed into Kirkoswald CP 1934....manor of Renwick granted to Adam de Staveley, lord of Sedbergh and Dent, early 12th century; sold 1296-7 by Thomas de Staveley to Michael de Harcla; forfeited on attainder of Sir Andrew Harcla 1323....medieval parish church of All Saints; rebuilt 1737 and 1845-6. Wesleyan Methodist chapel built 1818; rebuilt 1905..."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/renwick
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 months ago
    Viewed: 14 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES