Melmerby Parish

  • Description

    "Ancient parish in Leath ward, Cumberland. Absorbed into Ousby CP 1934.....manor of Melmerby held in 13th century by Odard of Wigton, descending to his heirs, the Parvings, in 14th century. By 1380 had passed to Threlkeld family, who held it until death of Lancelot Threlkeld (d. 1673); it then passed through his granddaughter, Elizabeth Thirkeld, to Pattenson family, who held it until sold by John Edward Pattenson 1846...."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/melmerby
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 4 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 300 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES