Hutton in the Forest Parish

  • Description

    "Ancient parish in Leath ward, Cumberland. Absorbed into Skelton CP 1934....manor of Hutton-in-the-Forest held by Hutton family, hereditary foresters of Plumpton Hay, from 12th century until 1606, when sold by Lancelot Hutton to Sir Richard Fletcher of Cockermouth, whose descendants, Fletcher-Vane family (latterly Barons Inglewood) continue to be main landowners....."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/hutton-forest
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 1 year, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 77 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES