Leazes Park (11) Springbank Pavilion

  • Description

    "Springbank Pavilion stands next to the former bowling green and was built in the late-nineteenth century to accommodate anglers http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/9938 when this part of the park had a second lake. After the lake had been filled in to make the bowling green in 1949, the pavilion was used as changing rooms and a club house for the bowlers." Photo by David Dixon, 2016.
  • Owner

    David Dixon
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4883532
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 4 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 422 times
    Picture Taken: 2016-03-23
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.