STABLE BLOCK APPROX 30 YARDS NORTH-EAST OF BELSAY HALL - List Entry

  • Description

    "Stable block. 1810-17 by Sir Charles Monck. Ashlar with Lakeland slate roof. Open courtyard plan. Greek revival style. 2 storeys. ll-bay centre with projecting one-bay wings. Central block has pedimented middle bay, with pilasters, flanked by 3 elliptical carriage arches with 4-leaf doors, to left and right. Pilasters separate these from outer bays which have boarded doors, and 15-pane casements on each floor. Pedimented projecting wings with angle pilasters and blocked tripartite windows. Moulded cornice....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1153036
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 99 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES