COLLINGWOOD HOUSE - Morpeth - List Entry

  • Description

    "Formerly house, now Catholic Presbytery. Late C18-early C19. Brick in Flemish bond with ashlar plinth. Lakeland slate roof. 2 storeys, 7 bays. Doorways in 1st and 5th bays; to left a 6-panel door with fanlight in surround with Tuscan pilaster and cornice; to right a 6-panel door with attached Tuscan columns......Inscription of 1905 recalls occupancy by Vice Admiral Lord Collingwood who lived here from 1791 until his death...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1042740
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 264 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES