Description"The Grade 1 listed hall was completed in 1756. Designed by James Paine for Abraham Dixon, it was later bought by Newcastle merchant William Clark. He commissioned architect John Dobson to remodel and add two new wings in 1810. Pevsner describes it as "one of (Paine's) most satisfying designs... at once both restrained and animated." It was converted to 16 apartments in the 1980s." Photo by Paul Harrop, 1989.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1172079
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 173 times
Picture Taken: 1989-05-00