St Bartholemew’s, Loweswater

  • Description

    "A place of worship since 1125, a Chapel of Ease linked to St Bees Priory. The site of the present day was that of a small plain “Lakeland Chapel” consecrated by the Bishop of Chester in 1829. The chapel was extensively enlarged and refurbished in 1884 when the population was expected to increase due to discovery of a lead vein running through the valley....."
  • Owner

    The Melbreak Communities
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://melbreakcommunities.wordpress.com/church/st-bartholemew-loweswater/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 284 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES