CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY - Matfen - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1841-2, tower and spire added 1853-4. By and for Sir Edward Blackett. Ashlar with Welsh slate roof. Early English style. West tower and spire, nave, chancel and vestry. West doorway has studded door with decorative ironwork in surround with 2 orders of columns. 3-stage tower with angle buttresses, lancets on 1st floor and triple, shafted lancets on 2nd floor, the outer lights blind. Tall broach spire with lucarnes and elaborate vane. South side of tower has outside stone stairs, with solid stone balustrade, leading to bell-ringers' chamber...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1042782
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 319 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES