Description"Holy Trinity Church was erected in 1842 at the sole cost of Sir Edward Blackett and consists of nave, chancel and a tower, which houses three bells. A spire was added in 1860 reputedly as a landmark to help Sir Edward find his way home when hunting. The 150th anniversary of Matfen’s church spire was celebrated with a special service led by the Bishop of Newcastle in June 2010. The style of architecture is Early English with single lancet windows. Features include alabaster reliefs and a modern organ built by Mr. Nigel Church in the 1970s and given by Ursula Lady Blackett." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2012.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2785019
Resource type: Image
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 3 years, 11 months ago
Viewed: 286 times
Picture Taken: 2012-01-28