Holy Trinity, Matfen

  • Description

    "In an Early English Gothic style with an impressive spire. Built by and for Sir Edward Blackett, who lived at the adjacent big house (see here: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2374134), in 1841-42, the spire being added in 1853-54. Grade II listed. An original sign on the gate read: "HELP STOP LEAD AND COPPER THIEVES. Vans or workmen around the church between 6pm and 8am? They're probably stealing our roof! Please call the police"" Photo by Stephen Richards, 2010.
  • Owner

    Stephen Richards
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2373974
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Peter Smith
    Last modified: 3 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 251 times
    Picture Taken: 2010-08-00
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.