St Bartholomew's

  • Description

    High Street, Newbiggin-by-the-sea. Pre-13th century fabric may survive in the nave walls. The 4 eastern bays of arcades sre from the early 13th century, the 2 western bays and west tower from the late 13th century. The chancel was rebuilt c.1300 and the spire added in the 14th century. The aisles were demolished and the chancel was a roofless ruin in the 18th century. The nave and chancel were restored in 1845 with further restoration in 1898 with new chancel arch and organ chamber by W.S. Hicks. The north aisle was rebuilt 1912.
  • Owner

    Reading Tom
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/16801915@N06/48407300731/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 227 times
    Picture Taken: 2019-07-20T16:46:51
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES