CHURCH OF ST PETER - Camerton, Cumbria - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish Church. 1694 and 1796 with 1855 tower, on medieval site. Roughcast walls with tower of calciferous sandstone rubble with angle buttresses. Graduated greenslate roof. 3-bay nave with square west tower/porch and south chapel; single-bay chancel. Tower has West door in chamfered pointed arch under lancet windows and quatrefoil bell openings; short octagonal spire. ....1510 effigy of Knight Thomas Curwen (Black Tom). Wooden panel removed from Camerton Hall is dated 1625 and inscribed B.C. H.C. (Henry & Bridget Curwen)...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1327183
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 388 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES