CHURCH OF ST KENTIGERN - Irthington - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. C12, with C14 alterations, renovations of 1849 by Bloxham of Rugby and tower 1897 for James Carruthers. Chancel is mostly of dressed red sandstone from the nearby Roman Wall, with C19 ashlar dressings, nave and tower of snecked ashlar. Graduated slate roofs with decorative ridge tiles. 3-storey, north- west square tower has pointed arch entrance and windows with hood-moulds....C12 chancel arch of 2 orders of columns with spur and crocket captitals...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1335584
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 days, 7 hours ago
    Viewed: 9 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES