Village centre, Newby East

Related Pages


Newby East


Cumbria

  • Description

    "The quiet village stands around this junction of unclassified roads a couple of miles east of Carlisle. The busy scattering of roadside furniture includes; a green plastic box containing road salt, and bearing a telephone number to call if the box is in need of replenishment, a Parish Council notice board (see: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3870911), a litter bin, a wooden bench carved with 'Newby East' and bearing a plaque reading 'In loving memory of John Ridley, 1927 - 1980', and a fingerpost style signpost." Photo by Richard Dorrell, 2014.
  • Owner

    Richard Dorrell
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3870906
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 11 months, 3 weeks ago
    Viewed: 67 times
    Picture Taken: 2014-02-27
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES