Kingmoor (South) Nature Reserve

Related Pages


Kingmoor


Cumbria

  • Description

    "King Edward III owned some moorland in this area which he gave to the city of Carlisle in 1352. The "King's Moor" became common land for grazing and peat cutting, and part of it was used as a racecourse. Over the last 300 years woodland has been planted, and also developed naturally. The woodland became a nature reserve in 1914, and today is managed by Carlisle City Council." Photo by Rose and Trev Clough, 2008.
  • Owner

    Rose and Trev Clough
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1054639
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 114 times
    Picture Taken: 2008-11-05
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES