Description"The road bridge over the River Gelt was built in 1723 and widened in 1867. The railway viaduct, carrying the Newcastle to Carlisle line, was completed in 1835 and is one of the earliest examples of a skew bridge. It towers 56 ft.above the road. To the right there is a house which used to be a coaching inn in the 18th century, called the Graham's Arms and remained in use as a pub until the 1970s." Photo by Oliver Dixon, 2009.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1237846
Resource type: Image
Added by: Edmund Anon
Last modified: 6 days, 8 hours ago
Viewed: 8 times
Picture Taken: 2009-04-04