Seahouses War Memorial

  • Description

    "A granite obelisk with bronze sword and wreath, erected in 1923. Matching bronze plaques say "North Sunderland Parish - In memory of those who fell in the war", with 1914-1918 on this side and 1939-1945 on the other, followed by the names. The memorial is a Grade II listed structure. For more information and photos, see http://www.newmp.org.uk/detail.php?contentId=8883 . The low granite wall around the memorial was built in 1995. The gates and railings were installed a few years later to stop people sitting there to eat fish and chips, which was considered disrespectful." Photo by Rose and Trev Clough, 2011.
  • Owner

    Rose and Trev Clough
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2515948
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 219 times
    Picture Taken: 2011-06-23
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES