Ewesley

  • Description

    "....he station is sited in the middle of a ancient circular camp. Facilities at Ewesley were very basic with a sleeper and cinder platform and single siding goods yard on the up side of the line with a dead end siding on the down side. The station building was more substantial than Longwitton and was of timber construction comprising a booking office and waiting room with a separate brick built stationmaster’s house on the north side. An old passenger coach on the platform provided additional storage. Ewesley had the only passing loop on the branch; this was added in 1894 but it was rarely used with such light traffic on the line....."
  • Owner

    Disused Stations
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/e/ewesley/index.shtml
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 12 months ago
    Viewed: 168 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES