CHURCH OF ST JOHN - Hall Waberthwaite - List Entry

  • Description

    'Parish Church. Probably C13 foundation with later additions and alterations. Wet-dashed rubble. Graduated slate roof with stone copings; gabled bellcote added at west end in 1796. Single-cell plan. Gabled south porch (rebuilt 1825) has internal stone benches and plank inner door. All windows multi-light, stone-mullioned, of various dates. Interior was flagged, pewed, and ceiled in 1807.....'
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1086644
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 381 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES