Description"Prior to 1858, Great Lumley was part of Chester-Le-Street parish, but a new parish was created then. This was due to the large increase in population which followed from the opening of new coal mines in the area. The new parish church was built in 1859 to a design by M Thompson, architect of Newcastle, in neo-gothic style." Photo by Robert Graham, 2013.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3831463
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 5 months ago
Viewed: 328 times
Picture Taken: 2013-11-13