SHERBURN HOUSE

  • Description

    ".....The line initially terminated at Sherburn Hospital when the railway was opened in 1837. The station was originally called Sherburn but was renamed Sherburn House on 1.4.1874 to avoid confusion with another Sherburn Station which was renamed Sherburn Colliery on the same date.. When the branch to Elvet was opened in 1893 the original Sherburn House Station was closed and a new station opened on the Elvet branch....."
  • Owner

    Disused Stations
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/s/sherburn_house/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 229 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES