CHURCH OF ST ANDREW - Coniston - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. 1819. Chancel, vestry, organ loft and porches, 1891 by J. Matson. Slate with ashlar dressings, slate roof. Nave with west tower, chancel with north vestry and south organ loft....West gallery of 1891 has turned posts, false 4-centred arches, balustrade with deep cornice and early C19 painted royal arms. Baptistry under tower has stained glass window by Kempe, 1893; alabaster octagonal font...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1087244
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 months ago
    Viewed: 20 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES