Belford War Memorial - List Entry

  • Description

    "....First World War Memorial with Second World War additions. Erected in 1922. Constructed of freestone with bronze plaques. A tiered stone of remembrance formed of a stepped wall, flanked by matching piers with a projecting plinth supported on corbels at base. The front face of the main wall carries four rectangular plaques bearing, in three columns, the 54 names of the fallen of the First World War and the front face of the upper tier records the names of the 21 who fell in the Second World War.....This war memorial was designed by Mr G H Lawson and the masons were Messrs Tully and Sons. It was unveiled and dedicated in March 1922....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1391869
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Peter Smith
    Last modified: 2 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 213 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES