The graveyard, St Mary's Church

  • Description

    "St Mary's church was rebuilt in 1615 with extensive renovations in 1700, although it still contains parts of a much older, probably Norman church. The church as it is today is from 1828 with a pinnacled tower, although it was damaged by lightning in 2000 and was subsequently restored. " Photo by Lisa Jarvis, 2007.
  • Owner

    Lisa Jarvis
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/393640
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 241 times
    Picture Taken: 2007-03-29
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES