The clock on the west face of the tower of Hexham Abbey

Related Pages


Hexham Abbey


Hexham

  • Description

    "The clock, installed in 1821, was made by John Moore of Clerkenwell, one of the great makers of turret clocks. It was completely rebuilt by Potts of Leeds in 1886 and converted to chiming the Westminster chimes; it strikes the hours on the tenor bell. The copper dials are eight feet in diameter. {Source: Hexham Abbey Guide, p11.}" Photo by Mike Quinn, 2008.
  • Owner

    Mike Quinn
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/749735
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 318 times
    Picture Taken: 2008-04-02
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES