Blaydon Church of St. Cuthbert

  • Description

    "The site for the church was given by T.W.Beaumont Esq.and opened for public worship on 24 November 1844 by Rector Wardell of Winlaton.The parish was formed in August 1844 under the name of St. Cuthbert, Stella and included the whole township of Stella and part of the township of Winlaton. The benefice was constituted a rectory in 1866 when the Revd. William Brown MA who had been the incumbent since the formation of the parish became the first Rector. Revd. Brown was also responsible for the building of church schools...."
  • Owner

    Winlaton & District Local History Society
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://co-curate.ncl.ac.uk/uploads/thumbs2/winlaton_history_society.png
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 3 months, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 41 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES