Description"Opened in 1848 by the Brandling Junction Railway, later to become part of the North Eastern Railway, on the line from Newcastle to Sunderland, this station closed in 1967. When the Tyne & Wear Metro opened in 2002, a new Metro stop was opened at St. Peters, almost adjacent to the old station. View north from St Peters Metro station towards Stadium of Light and Newcastle. The old station once boasted an overall roof. It was a museum at the time this image was taken." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2009.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4206797
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year, 8 months ago
Viewed: 127 times
Picture Taken: 2009-04-10