Blue plaque installed at home of industrialist in latest round of honours

Related Pages


Cleadon House


Cleadon

  • Description

    Shields Gazette, 21 February 2019. "A commemorative blue plaque has been unveiled to honour one of our area’s greats as part of a new recognition scheme. The plaque pays tribute to John Dagnia, who built the Grade II-Listed Cleadon House in Cleadon Village, in 1738. Dagnia was instrumental in helping to put the area at the forefront of glass manufacturing in the 18th Century - producing a large proportion of the country’s output....."
  • Owner

    Shields Gazette
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/blue-plaque-installed-at-home-of-industrialist-in-latest-round-of-honours-1-9607756
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 117 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES