Description"This triple-domed building was built in 1837 for Richard Grainger. It was originally a commercial exchange and newsroom and later an art gallery. It was rebuilt in 1906 (to a design by Oswald and Son, of Newcastle) after a fire, at which time the present Central Arcade with its glass barrel-vaulted roof, was formed to cut through from Grey St to Market St with a link to Grainger St. https://www.newcastlegateshead.com/shopping/central-arcade-p364441" Photo by Richard Rogerson, 2018.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5714980
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 357 times
Picture Taken: 2018-03-23