MARKET CROSS - Kirby Lonsdale - List Entry

  • Description

    "1905. Tudor Gothic. Octagonal stone canopy with low pyramidal slate roof. Eight equal arches with leaf enrichment in spandrels, four blocked with low parapets. Each pier buttressed with two setbacks and topped by an obelisk and ball...... Inscription on frieze in raised Gothic script: "This Market Cross was presented to the town by the Rev J.W.Davies D.D. Vicar of Kirkby-Lonsdale from 1889 to 1908....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1145758
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 371 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES