Description"The bridge spans the River Tweed between Ladykirk, Scotland and Norham, England and dates from 1885-7. The English side is Grade II Listed (List Entry Number: 1042217) https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1042217 In Scotland, it is B Listed. The bridge has four segmental masonry arches, and was erected over the Tweed from 1885–87 by G. Meakin and J. W. Dean to a design of Thomas Codrington. It has two 90 ft central spans flanked by 85 ft spans, all of hollow spandrel construction, and is 16 ft wide. The bridge replaced a bold laminated timber segmental arch-truss bridge with two 190 ft spans designed by J. Blackmore and erected in 1838. http://canmore.org.uk/site/77641" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2018.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5922310
Resource type: Image
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 4 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 363 times
Picture Taken: 2018-09-27