Description"The original crossing here was a ford - the information board in Norham tells us that this was 'superseded by a wooden bridge which was built after the village doctor, Dr Ainslie, was drowned in 1837 when he was returning from visiting a patient on the Scottish side. The present bridge replaced this in 1887.' What a tragedy the loss of a doctor must have been to this rural community. See also []." Photo by Barbara Carr, 2011.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3325336
Resource type: Image
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 4 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 333 times
Picture Taken: 2011-09-04