Description"The stone bridge over River South Tyne was built in 1775 and has a curious lopsided appearance []. It links two minor roads just two miles south of Haltwhistle and is set in wooded countryside with a few houses set back off the road on the west bank. Its single pointed arch spans 27m and is high above the river. The roadway is narrow, only 14 feet (4 metres). Lead ore from Cumbrian mines upriver was carried over the bridge to Haltwhistle where it was smelted. http://www.bridgesonthetyne.co.uk/feath.html" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2015.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4674414
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year, 7 months ago
Viewed: 65 times
Picture Taken: 2015-09-25