Description"Large house originally dating from the 16th Century, built for Sir Michael Le Fleming, It was enlarged and altered at various points in the subsequent three centuries, with the main facade dating form the early 19th Century. Since 1963 it has been run by the Diocese of Carlisle as a retreat and conference centre. Grade II* listed - see www.historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1245499. The gardens and terraces seen here date from 1909, designed by Thomas Hayton Mawson. The terraces are separately grade II* listed - see www.historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1245407." Photo by Ian Capper, 2018.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5984146
Resource type: Image
Added by: Edmund Anon
Last modified: 1 year, 6 months ago
Viewed: 87 times
Picture Taken: 2018-09-24